Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Two roads diverged in the woods...

Did I "win" Nano? Nope. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I did spend the month working on projects that I want to tackle in the future. I've been focusing a lot on reading lately. Studying books in some different genres and analyzing form and structure. There's something new niggling my brain, something that could be a series. We'll call that Project A. Then there's Project B. Project B is a derivative of Project A. It started off as an idea for part of A, but it's taking a new life in my head. It would be taking me in a direction I hadn't gone before. I have no idea if I could find a market for it. But oh man, would it be fun to write. I think for the time being my plan is to work on Project A, planning, researching, analyzing some books put out by the target publishers... and then in stolen moments work on Project B.

0 comments: