Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday Greetings!

Hello everyone! I'll be your Tuesday blogger, Samantha. I'll try not to copy Andrea's intro post too much. She's already given you the rundown on who we are as a group and now we'll each get a chance to tell you a little bit about ourselves.

Like Andrea, I'm a Washingtonian. But unlike, her I've stayed here and haven't run off to points far and flung (well, there's been a little flinging, but I always come back). With all the places I've visited in the world, nothing draws me more than the Puget Sound and the snow covered tops of the Olympic mountains in the distance. Also, a fun fact if you're playing along, Andrea and I have known each other for 19 years (we met in utero or maybe fall quarter of our freshman year of college).

I predominantly write in the areas of sci-fi, urban fantasy, fantasy, and paranormal. I also have too many ideas in my head at all times. I constantly email people with opening lines or "what do you think of this idea...". I submitted my first piece to a publisher this summer and was rejected. But hey, that's part of the writing life. And the rejection gives me an excuse to expand that piece and add in some other plots threads that came to me after I submitted it.

I read a lot as well (as I'm sure all my compatriots here do). I'll read just about anything you put in front of me (romance, horror, mystery, YA, non-fiction, paranormal, etc, etc). I'm currently on a non-fiction binge (memoirs in particular). I'd list for you some of my favorite authors but I'm totally blanking on any names besides two or three and that wouldn't give you a very good indication of who/what I like.

I'm looking forward to sharing this adventure with my fellow blogmates and any readers that drift past our little corner. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of whatever, and join in.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

In utero! Haha! I can't believe it's been that long, but it makes me happy. Thanks for getting this group set up- I think we're all going to have fun with this.