Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Blogiversary!

Instead of my usual ramblings, this week I'd like to take the opportunity to wish my fellow Melt-Ink Potters a Happy Blogiversary. It was in September of last year that we decided to take the plunge and start this blog. I think we've shared some good and useful information here, and had the opportunity to do a few writing exercises as well.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Andrea, Colleen, Katie, and Samantha for a great year together. I've enjoyed every minute of it -- well, except perhaps for those few panicked moments every week when I stare with horror at my blank screen and wonder what in heck I'm going to write about this time -- and I think the discipline of having to find a topic and do a weekly posting has been beneficial to me as a writer. It's helped me to stretch myself a little and think about why and how I write in ways that I haven't thought about them before.

In the coming year, I hope to be able to blog about topics like:

- Finally getting my website up and running;
- Actually writing a query letter and synopsis, and submitting a story for publication;
- Dealing with the inevitable rejections;
- Actually writing a novel that comes in at under 150,000 words

We all have to start somewhere, right?

For folks who have been following the blog (and I know there are at least a couple of you!), thanks for reading! Hopefully it's been entertaining at the very least. If there are topics you'd like us to cover that we haven't yet, or if you'd like us to revisit a topic, feel free to leave a comment, and we'll do what we can to get it covered.

0 comments: